- "Cultivating the Acorns of Science" –Botanacula Enterprises
Athena's Wrath is a level in Viscera Cleanup Detail.
|The Company has got an easy assignment lined up for you here in this sector.|
Mutated vegetation, the focus of the base, that was being studied and biologically engineered in the Athena Station, has escaped and wrought havoc upon the facility.
You are to conduct yourself hastily and within company protocols as per your contract.
Operations must be resumed within the facility as soon as possible, so you are to be thorough and professional, or prepare to face the full extent of the Company's legal department...
Respawn brief Edit
|A recent accident has left an opening in the sanitation division's workforce.|
You are to assist any remaining colleagues in their duties, but be alert.
Early reports indicate possible foul play, proceed with caution.
Ensure the facility is sanitized and in proper order in a timely fashion.
Failure to do so will lead to a less favorable re-assignment, or termination.
The map consists of a single large L-shaped atrium with one small corridor. The J-HARM Tool is required to reach stains, trash and viscera on the high ceilings and window sills. Natural lighting and the high ceilings give this level an open and bright decorum.
|Original Map Source|
- Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser
- Laser Welder
- J-HARM Tool
- Stack crates in the designated area.
- Stack barrels in the designated area.
- Find all 10 Personal Identification Devices, place them in the Punchomatic, and fill out reports.
Incident Reports Edit
Incident Particulars: Aliens, Guns, Mutations, Military, Deadly Flora
Number of Dead Aliens: 4
Number of Shell Casings: 31
Number of Bullet Holes: 44
The number of items incinerated can be found in the code of the player's save file. The player should save his/her game, navigate to his/her save file, open it in Notepad (or TextEdit for iOS), then press CRTL+F and search for NumIncinerated. The proceeding number is how many items have been incinerated during the player's game.
Locations of cadavers and their causes of death:
- On top of the glass panel in the floor, near the bin dispenser: Bitten, Eviscerated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain
- At the end of the trail of blood that spells "Everything is permitted": Eviscerated, Slain
- Bottom of stairs, near Big Banger: Eviscerated, Thrown, Slain, Impact
- Against the wall, up the stairs in the alcove beyond the Big Banger: Eviscerated, Thrown, Halved, Slain, Impact
- Opposite the incinerator, next to the J-Harm, on the side with the ledge: Bitten, Eviscerated, Halved, Slain
- On the upper ledge: Eviscerated, Thrown, Halved, Slain, Impact
- Behind the incinerator, at the end of the arc of blood on the wall (next to the wall with all the large window bays): Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Slain, Impact
- In the window bay: Bitten, Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain
- To the left of the Punch-o-Matic, the left of the two PIDs: Bitten, Eviscerated, Halved, Slain
- To the left of the Punch-o-Matic, the right of the two PIDs: Bitten, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
A full guide for all maps can be found here.
Time: 11:00 GST
Identification: Dr. Baumgardener
Title: Lead Botanist
- Our Research has been going well.
- I now believe we can successfully isolate the plant life from its soil and they will naturally 'walk' until they find some on their own.
- It is my hope that we will be able to market sentient plants as a user friendly alternative to traditional potting.
- With our plants, people won't need to care for them, as the plants will care for themselves.
- We may even be able to market the little fellas as family companions.
- The 'Braxius Botanicus Mutilus' for example is particularly frisky and sociable!
Time: 05:15 GST
Identification: Dr. Gaywood
- The chief has woken me up early today.
- Apparently we've recieved a contract from a rich investor to work on a specialized specimen.
- Dr. Baumgardener tells me our client wants 'security plants' for his arboretum, whatever that means.
- We've been trying to suppress the more 'primal' habits in our other specimens, but in this case I believe the point is to not block them, but instead perhaps even cultivate them.
- I'd better go look for my Acidity Regulation Suit Exoskeleton again.
Time: 13:44 GST
Identification: Mr. Seymour Bhuttes
Title: Administrative Agent
- I've been asked to evaluate the ongoing operations of the botanical projects once again.
- I hate coming down here, the place stinks of potting soil and radioactive waste matter.
- I never liked plants anyway, although I'm not sure if I can call the specimens I've seen 'plants'.
- So far progress is acceptable, but I'm going to recommend additional security for sure!
- Not once but thrice I was nibbled on by aggressive plant species while examining the facility.
Time: 10:12 GST
Identification: Mjr. Jaynah Kerrigan
Title: Major Troublemaker
- Primary Objective:
- Contain the botanical outbreak and find Dr.Baumgardener's research notes.
- Secondary Objective:
- Shoot-up the place real good.
- We've been hired by a wealth client to secure his investment in a certain project being conducted here at this research facility.
- You are to secure the area and locate what remains of Dr. Baumgardener, but more importantly his research notes and any plant samples kept in storage.
Tips and TriviaEdit
- The words "Everything is Permitted" are written in blood on the floor near the incinerator. This is a reference to the "Assassin's Creed" video game series, in which the assassins' credo is "Nothing is true, everything is permitted".
- The laser welder can be found on the window sill overgrown with ivy, along with the remains of a worker.
- Cans are hidden on some window sills and along the ledge opposite the windows. These must be removed to complete the level with a perfect score.
- There is an Easter Egg on one of the windowsills, hidden at the base in a wall covered in ivy. The window that has the egg is the second window from the crate Stacking Area at the far end of the main hall.