- "Absolute-Zero Tolerance" –Izanagi Corporation
Cryogenesis is a level in Viscera Cleanup Detail.
Level Briefings Edit
|First and foremost, do not let the cold temperatures deter you from performing your duties as admirably as we have come to expect from all company employees.|
Perhaps you would find unemployment more comfortable than this?
The aftermath of the chilling events that transpired here must be cleaned and repaired as hastily as possible, as Izanagi Corporation inspectors will be arriving shortly to ensure the facility is as it should be.
Regarding the specimens; Cryogenic Engineers have informed us that there is almost no chance of further incident, so do not be alarmed.
Respawn brief Edit
|Due to unknown causes, a workman has died on-site.|
We are sending you in as a replacement in order to finish the job.
Do not be alarmed by the incident, carry out your duties quickly and calmly.
Avoid working in close proximity to your fellow workmen, be aware and above all, cautious.
The map consists of three main rooms linked by long corridors, with the starting area in at end end of one such corridor. A large control room is beyond a door requiring a code to be unlocked.
|Original Map Source|
- Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser
- Laser Welder
- HVC Mk9 Lightning Gun
- Stack cryogenic canisters in the designated areas (there are two designated areas).
- Although the level editor indicates that only 15 are required for full stacking credit (out of 37 canisters in the level), this is a primary objective, so failing to stack all 37 canisters will incur a loss of points toward level completion.
- The player may still earn the Employee of the Month Award by cleaning everything completely and stacking 15 canisters. Upon punching out, the player will receive both the EotM award and an ending message indicating that canisters were left unstacked.
- There are no stacking areas for barrels or crates in this level, so crates and barrels do not need to be stacked.
- Find all 17 Personal Identification Devices and bring them to the Punchomatic, then fill out reports.
Incident Reports Edit
Incident Particulars: Aliens, Guns, Mutations, Military
Number of Dead Aliens: 7
Number of Shell Casings: 87
Number of Bullet Holes: 0
The number of items incinerated can be found in the code of the player's save file. The player should save his/her game, navigate to his/her save file, open it in Notepad (or TextEdit for iOS), then press CRTL+F and search for NumIncinerated. The proceeding number is how many items have been incinerated during the player's game.
Locations of cadavers and their causes of death:
- Next to numbers written in blood: Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- Hallway between starting point & Vendor, next to door: Dragged, Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- Standing at vendor looking towards start point, just ahead in the alcove on the right: Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- In alcove opposite Vendor: Eviscerated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain
- Hallway between vendor and incinerator room: Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- To right of incinerator: Eviscerated, Thrown, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- Between incinerator and Control Room, next to wall, closer to incinerator: Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain
- Between incinerator and Control Room, closer to Control Room than the one above: Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- Control Room: Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain
- Hallway from incinerator to Bin Dispenser room, first body you come across, at bottom of stairs: Eviscerated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain
- Hallway from incinerator to Bin Dispenser room, second body you come across, just past the first door: Eviscerated, Thrown, Sliced, Impact
- Alcove on left just before entrance to Bin Dispenser room: Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- Just before door to Bin Dispenser room: Eviscerated, Sliced, Slain
- Bin Dispenser room, just inside entry door: Dragged, Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Sliced, Slain
- After entering Bin Dispenser room, on right, just past Nitro Stacking Area: Thrown, Sliced, Slain, Impact
- On platform in Bin Dispenser room: Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain
- Far end of Bin Dispenser room: Eviscerated, Thrown, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Sliced, Slain, Impact
Bob's note can be found in the back corner of the area with the incinerator and Slosh-O-Matic. It is dated 02/02/2184.
Bob 02/02/2184I've snuck into the Croygenics Sector in an effort to dodge the authorities.
Junior Executive Janitor
Surprisingly, Ottis' keycard granted access to the cryo labs. I had no idea he had such high security clearance.
I plan to knock out one of the scientists and take his clothes. With luck a disguise will get me to the other side of the facility.
Damn the company, to hell with it. This whole place is a disease!
They must never find me!
Tips and TriviaEdit
- The word "Doomed" is written in blood on a wall near the starting area, along with the code for the locked door.
- The control room door code is 084666.
- The laser welder is located in the control room behind the locked door.
- Specimens in this level are actually based off of characters from the game "Rooks Keep", also by RuneStorm.
- Several screens are present in the control room displaying various error and evacuation warning messages. One of which displays the message "specimens will wake in T-minus 8 minutes." However, as this message never changes, this screen appears to have become frozen, quite possibly before the initial specimens had escaped.
- Glass fragments are scattered around this level, many of which may be too large to fit into a waste disposal bin. The player may use the laser welder in short pulses to vaporize larger shards.
- One of the data logs found in this level contains several references to the popular video game, Half-Life. It depicts the "Theoretical Cryogenecist," Jordan Friedman (parodying the Theoretical Physicist, Gordon Freeman, the protagonist of the Half-Life series) describing his intentions, among other references.
- The body fragments of the specimens are large and unwieldy, with the full torso sections being very difficult to fit into the incinerator. Because of this, one may attempt to use the laser welder to vaporize large body parts into smaller and more manageable pieces.
- There are no bullet holes to be repaired on this level. The laser welder provided can instead be used to reduce the largest viscera fragments to a more manageable size.
- The other medical facility to which Bob refers to in his letter is Caduceus, based on the date of the letters and the mention of the Waste Disposal sector as his objective.
- Cryogenesis contains several lightening scars presumably created by the HVC Mk9 lightening guns scattered though out the level. They can be removed with the laser welder using an identical method to that of removing bullet holes.
- According to the game's developers, Cryogenesis was originally going to include frozen corpses created as a result of broken cryogenic holding cells, and chunks of shattered frozen remains. The idea was eventually cut somewhere along the level's development.