|Given the nature of the work carried out within this facility, your absolute discretion is paramount.|
Federation representatives will be arriving in a week, and it is imperative that the facility be clean and organized before said time.
Failure to perform your duties within company protocol, and on time, will result in immediate termination.
You are most assuredly an expendable piece within our organisation, so it is in your best interest to conduct yourself admirably.
Be absolutely certain the facility is clean, hygienic, and in working order.
And remember; discretion is the better part of employment.
|As per your contract, you are to perform your assigned duties efficiently and with absolute discretion.|
We are only hiring you for this job in a temporary capacity, you are to stand in for a...dismissed colleague.
Work swifty and avoid eye contact with your fellow workmen for any length of time.
The map consists of a wide, curved central corridor, which branches off into three medium-sized rooms. At the end of the main corridor is an elevator leading to an upper floor, comprised of a smaller central area with a bathroom and sick-bay area connected via short corridors. The door to the sick-bay requires an access code to unlock.
|Original Map Source|
- Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins Dispenser
- Laser Welder
- Stack cryogenic canisters in the designated area.
- Stack crates in the designated area.
- Only white/green medical crates count in this area. All other crates and boxes can be ignored.
- Stack Wet Floor Signs in the designated area.
- The number specified in the level editor for maximum bonus points is 8, but in practice, up to 16 may be stacked for bonus points.
- Find all 11 Personal Identification Devices, bring them to the Punchomatic, and fill out reports.
Incident Reports Edit
Incident Particulars: Aliens, Guns, Mutations, Military, Homicide
Number of Dead Aliens: 4
Number of Shell Casings: 51
Number of Bullet Holes: 48
The number of items incinerated can be found in the code of the player's save file. The player should save his/her game, navigate to his/her save file, open it in Notepad (or TextEdit for iOS), then press CRTL+F and search for NumIncinerated. The proceeding number is how many items have been incinerated during the player's game.
Locations of cadavers and their causes of death:
- Lower level, on floor near Janitor's Trunk (start area): Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Lower level, down the stairs from the start area, next to the wall between gurneys: Eviscerated, Thrown, Dismembered, Halved, Slain, Impact
- Lower level, first corpse encountered in "The Ward": Dragged, Slain
- Lower level, second corpse encountered in "The Ward": Dragged, Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Lower level, just outside door to Operating Room: Dragged, Dismembered, Halved, Slain (as of v1.07)
- Lower level, incinerator room, to the right after entering the room: Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Lower level, incinerator room, between the incinerator and the cells: Slain
- Lower level, next to the bin dispenser: Dragged, Eviscerated, Thrown, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain, Impact
- Upper level, outside elevator door: Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, bathroom: Dismembered, Halved, Slain (as of v1.07)
- Upper level, in the locked room: Murdered, Stabbed
A full guide for all maps can be found here.
Bob's note can be found on top of a crate in the sick bay, behind the locked door on the 2nd floor.
Bob 01/02/2184I've managed to breach security protocols and avoid personel.
Junior Executive Janitor
My secret has been discovered, and as a result I am in deep trouble.
The things I've seen in this facility, God help us...
I plan to make for the Cryogenic labs and hopefully sneak through undetected.
They must never find me!
Tips and TriviaEdit
- The door code for the sick bay on the second floor is 2199. This is a reference to the movie The Matrix
- The words "Save us" are written on the wall in "The Ward" on the first floor.
- A digital notice board attempts to excuse the blood near the elevator as the result of a service technician cutting his finger on a screwdriver.
- This level contains several toilets filled with fresh water, which can be used to clean the player's mop. However, they will eventually dirty like normal buckets.
- The player will need to stack objects or use the J-HARM to reach stains and viscera above the duct work on the second floor, and to clean the large "pocket" in the wall on the far side of the Incinerator room.
- A switch on the wall near the Incinerator releases a puff of toxic, green gas into each of three holding cells on the opposite side of the room, and three alcoves adjacent to that. This gas is one of the few things in the game capable of killing players, and was the first fatal feature to be intentionally added to the game.
- A switch in the "Operating Room" on the first floor activates the sawblade over the chair. It will continue to spin until the switch is used again. It will disintegrate the alien corpse that is below it at the start of the level, but will not destroy any objects afterwards.
- It is possible to open the doors to the second floor elevator shaft just as the elevator is leaving for the lower floor. Using this method, players can toss items into the open elevator shaft as a means to remove items in bulk from the upper floor, rather than one elevator trip at a time.
- Prior to the v0.29 update, Evil Science had uncleanable patches of light-blue, slippery liquid on the main corridor floor to impede the player's efforts.
- There is no function for the pizza slicer other than comic relief. The tool is also found in the level Caduceus.
- A "Facehugger" (from the Alien franchise) can be found inside a ceiling air duct on the second floor sick-bay. Being a collectible, it is not detected by the Sniffer and does not have to be removed from the level to obtain a perfect score. Before collectibles were added to the game, the air duct instead contained a bloody arm.
- All data logs in Evil Science contain the text "Special Order: 937" and "Interface: 2037". In "Alien", Order 937 was the classified directive to preserve the alien specimen at all cost, and Interface 2037 (also known as "Mother") was the ship's computer system's interface between itself and the crew.
Dead Space ReferencesEdit
- The PID on the floor below the corpse in the upstairs sick bay contains the name "Cpt. Mathius". This is a reference to Benjamin Mathius from the Dead Space video games, who was also (not coincidentally) killed by a needle to the eye.