This article would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more relevant images.Please upload and include the following images in this article:
Images of the airlock and other items.
- "The Shortest Distance Between Two Points Is Zero" -The Morpheus
|The starting area of Gravity Drive|
|Type||Experimental Gravitational Propulsion Vessel|
|Par-Time||1 hour, 38 minutes, and 45 seconds|
|Location||Unnamed Star Ship|
Gravity Drive is a level in Viscera Cleanup Detail.
"Company officials are not entirely certain of the circumstances around, or the cause of the event. However, a repeat of said event, whatever its cause, seems statistically unlikely.
Operate carefully and be sure not to damage the sensitive equipment; zero-gravity conditions can be disconcerting, especially for the inexperienced..
The shuttle will be passing by the vessel periodically, so be sure to work with haste. Make certain you do not cause a repeat of the previous event, and work quickly, but carefully!
Do not delay; get to it!"
Respawn brief Edit
"Reports tell us a Janitor has died or been otherwise terminated aboard the vessel.
We're not exactly sure what the cause was, so caution is advised!
Ensure the vessel is in tip-top shape, and devoid of any anomalies. Please exercise care around your fellow workmen, they cannot be trusted.
The company will not accept further failures, do NOT dissapoint us..."
Map Overview Edit
Gravity Drive consists of two medium-sized floors connected by one elevator and two small shafts crowded with various objects. The bottom floor houses a large gravity core and its control panel, which allows the player to toggle gravity in the level on and off. The bottom floor also houses an airlock, which allows players to dispose of various objects.
Barrels and Crates Areas Edit
There's only two areas, one for barrels, and one for crates.
- Barrels area is located at the right of the airlock.
- Crates area is located in front of the lift.
- Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser
- Laser Welder
- Work-Site Light
- HVC Mk9 Lightning Gun
Secondary Objectives Edit
- Stack crates in the designated area.
- Stack barrels in the designated area.
- Find all  Personal Identification Devices and bring them to the Punchomatic.
Tips and Trivia Edit
- The Laser Welder can be found in the top of the smaller shaft, located above the gravity core.
- Gravity Drive is one of two levels to take place in a zero-gravity environment; the other one is Zero-G Therapy.
- Gravity can be toggled on and off by activating a console in front of the gravity core with the hands.
- The Level contains eight Personal Identification Devices. Three of them are found on the top floor, one in the elevator and the other 4 on the lower floor.
- The level Gravity Drive is a direct reference to the 1997 horror/science fiction film Event Horizon. This can be deduced by the nearly identical appearance of the gravity core and it's room to the movie's "singularity drive" of a similar function.
- One of the Personal Identification Devices lists Dr. Sam Neill, referencing the actor who was in the film Event Horizon. One of the Electronic Documents also is attributed to Dr. Sam Neill.
- Another text mentions "The Morpheus", referencing actor Laurence Fishburne and one of his most famous movie roles, Morpheus, from The Matrix series.
- The text "The Dark Inside Me" can be seen on the ceiling of the lower floor to the left of the airlock.
- Gravity Drive is the only level to not contain an incinerator. Instead, the player must dispose of objects through the use of the airlock.
- Unlike the airlock on Zero-G Therapy, the airlock in Gravity Core uses a two-door system to operate instead of one. This means that to dispose of an object, the player is required to first open the interior door and fill the interior with any objects they wish to remove. They must then close the door (through the use of either a console in the interior of the airlock or one outside of it in the corridor) and press the button reading "Depressurize". Any objects inside the airlock will then be sucked out and removed from the level.
- Any players present inside the airlock during depressurization will be instantly killed and explode into several pieces.
- Two large planets, orange and light-blue, both with very large craters in one side can be seen outside the widows in this level. They appear to be re-sized and re-coloured versions of each other, as their shape is identical.
- Another larger light-blue planet can be seen outside of the airlock on the other side of the level.