- "Splicing the Seeds of Life" –Hydraxylocon Mutigenics
Hydroponic Hell is a level in Viscera Cleanup Detail.
|However unfortunate the circumstances surrounding the incident at the Hydraxylocon Genetics facility, you are to be as discreet and efficient as the company requires.|
Make certain to work with haste and caution to undo the damage caused during the outbreak.
Be wary of the hazardous entities and materials you are likely to encounter;
oddly, they are more toxic than your latest work-report!
Now get to your duties. Good day.
Respawn brief Edit
|Thanks to a tragic incident, we are short on labour and left with no other choice but to send you in as a replacement.|
Reports are sketchy on the incident, so work quickly and efficiently.
Avoid unnecessary interaction with your fellow workmen, and maintain prudence during your ongoing duties.
If you should find yourself between an experimental life-form and a fellow colleague, avoid any sudden movements.
The map consists of a large central chamber with an elevator up to the upper platform, a smaller room with two shallow alcoves opposite the elevator, and a small starting room containing all of the support machinery, which is just off of the larger main chamber.
|Original Map Source|
- Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser
- Laser Welder
- Stack crates in the designated area.
- Stack barrels in the designated area.
- Remove the weeds and reseed the planters.
- Find all 9 Personal Identification Devices, place them in the Punchomatic, and fill out reports.
The iconic welder's helmet worn by Isaac Clarke (Dead Space), can be found hidden on the planters in an alcove.
There is an Easter Egg hidden in a planter to the far left corner of the level's main room. This planter is to the right of the elevator, with the Easter Egg located inside a plant near the back of the planter.
Bob's note can be found behind a pillar in the back corner of the level near the locked doors. It is dated 06/02/2184.
Bob 06/02/2184I've been fleeing for several days now, dodging security guards and scientists.
Junior Executive Janitor
I had hoped to make it to the docking station, but hunger has struck me. I thought I might look for food in the Greenhouse sector.
Little did I know what kind of plant-life they had in here.
It doesn't matter, though, I'll just nick something from the canteen and keep going.
Ugh, I think I'm suffering some serious withdrawal symptoms. Damn administrator Wallace, the prick!
They must never find me!
This level contains several rows of "Planters" filled with various kinds of plants, among them are large "Weeds," plants with a thick stem leading to a Venus flytrap-like head with large teeth. These weeds must be removed from each Planter and destroyed to obtain a perfect score. Empty seed beds may then be replanted for extra points. It can take up to four seeds to completely fill a planter.
Empty Planters can be replanted using Plant Seeds from the Vendor. The status indicator on front of each Planter has the following outputs:
- !Weeds Detected!
- Status: Empty
- Status: Partial
- Status: Full
Both planter and seed collision areas are somewhat rough, meaning "planting" the seed may be difficult and require the seed to be repositioned several times before it is absorbed into the seed bed. There may also be a delay (approximately 1-2 seconds) between the time the seed is correctly placed and the time it is absorbed.
Tips and TriviaEdit
- "Spore Sacs" or "tumors" as they are called on documents (found throughout the level) are scattered in many places in the level such as in planters, on vines, or simply on the ground. A sharp eye may be required to find all of them. They appear as flabby light-green sacks, which will produce a green splat if hit against a wall or floor at high-speeds.
- While there are no bullet holes on this level, the Laser Welder is useful for reducing large viscera and burning Weeds and Spore Sacks. Both of these viscera will vanish completely when burned, potentially saving a lot of time compared to taking them back to the Incinerator.
- Many detailed plants and other polygons can cause this level to "lag" on certain computers, more than any other level. The level was optimized with the v1.07 update, which may help resolve the problem on certain computers.