- "OmniPresent. OmniPotent. OmniScient. OmniCorp!" –Omnicorp
Revolutionary Robotics is a level in Viscera Cleanup Detail.
|As they are an important benefactor, it is imperative that you sanitize and restore this Omnicorp facility with due haste and diligence.|
Officials are waiting anxiously for your work to be complete so as to return the facility to full operational status.
A repeat of the fault occurring in AI sub-routines seems highly unlikely, so do not be alarmed by the non-organic entities still stationed here.
Work fast, work hard, work competently, work discreetly!
|Unconfirmed reports indicate that a former sanitation workman has died in the line of duty.|
It is not clear what caused their death, so caution is advised!
Ensure the facility is once more operational, and above all devoid of any anomalies.
Please exercise prudence when in the vicinity of your fellow workmen, they are to be treated as suspects.
The company will not allow any more failures, accidental or otherwise...
Revolutionary Robotics consists of two large, brightly-lit lobby-type rooms with the company's various creations on display, connecting to a network of smaller hallways. These hallways connect to a conference room, and a network of more "industrial" looking areas, including a display room, bathroom, and a surveillance room, locked behind a pass-code protected door.
|Original Map Source|
- Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser
- Laser Welder
- Replace all 7 broken Spartan Phoenix guns and restock their ammunition. Spartan guns are mounted on ceilings throughout the level.
- Remove all domestabots and droids that can be picked up. The Sniffer does not detect these as trash, but failure to remove them from the level reduces the player's score, and produces an ending message in The Office.
- Stack crates in their designated areas. There are two of them, on either side of the showroom. Note that white cardboard boxes count as crates, and can be stacked for extra points.
- Stack barrels in their designated area.
- Find all 34 Personal Identification Devices, bring them to the Punchomatic, and fill out reports.
- Shell casings and bullet holes produced by Spartan Phoenix guns firing after the start of the level do not count towards the numbers that should be listed in the report.
Incident Reports Edit
Incident Particulars: Guns, AI, Military, Explosives
Number of Dead Aliens: 0
Number of Shell Casings: 178
Number of Bullet Holes: 210
The number of items incinerated can be found in the code of the player's save file. The player should save his/her game, navigate to his/her save file, open it in Notepad (or TextEdit for iOS), then press CRTL+F and search for NumIncinerated. The proceeding number is how many items have been incinerated during the player's game.
Locations of cadavers and their causes of death:
- Lower level, starting room, left of sealed door: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, starting room, right of sealed door: Shot, Decapitated, Slain
- Lower level, starting room, just inside blue scanning field: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, reception room, orange sofa next to stairwell: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, group of 3 orange sofas, PID on sofa: Shot, Decapitated, Slain
- Lower level, group of 3 orange sofas, PID on blue table: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, behind reception desk, PID on left: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, behind reception desk, PID on right: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, between reception desk and First Aid station: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, bottom of dual staircases to incinerator room, left side: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, bottom of dual staircases to incinerator room, right side: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, hallway, corner between reception and conference room: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, conference room, on center table: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, conference room, on floor to the left of the center table: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, conference room, below city model: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, conference room, far end: Shot, Decapitated, Slain
- Lower level, hallway, between bathroom and conference room, next to robot debris: Shot, Decapitated, Slain
- Lower level, bathroom sink: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, bathroom stall: Shot, Dismembered, Slain
- Lower level, hallway, just outside bathroom door: Shot, Slain
- Lower level, stairwell just outside bathroom, bottom of stairs: Shot, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, ledge between dual staircases, outside of incinerator room: Shot, Slain
- Upper level, hallway from incinerator room to dual staircases, PID on left (while facing incinerator): Shot, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, hallway from incinerator room to dual staircases, PID on right (while facing incinerator): Shot, Slain
- Upper level, hallway between display room and incinerator room: Slain
- Upper level, display room, next to Bin Dispenser: Shot, Blown Up, Eviscerated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, display room, man in business suit between bin dispenser and hallway to incinerator room: Shot, Decapitated, Slain
- Upper level, display room, next to the "Falcon III" robot: Shot, Blown Up, Eviscerated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, display room, next to the "D-3 Droid" pedestal: Shot, Blown Up, Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, display room, far corner on side with Punch-o-Matic: Eviscerated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, display room, far corner on side with Bin Dispenser: Shot, Slain
- Upper level, hallway between incinerator room and security room: Shot, Slain
- Upper level, security room, under desk on left: Shot, Eviscerated, Dismembered, Halved, Slain
- Upper level, security room, in far right corner: Shot, Decapitated, Slain
A full guide for all maps can be found here.
Time: 16:51 GST
Identification: Mrs. Trinity Verbatim
Title: Lead Contract Manager
- I've secured another contract with Exo-Planetary Liberation Corps over a small shipment of our Hercules XI.
- It may not be much, but we're recieving more and more contracts from them these days.
- We might just beat Cyrez out of the game at this rate!
- Those guys have been a pain in the ass for a long time.
- I'll have to ensure the engineering department follows the contract requirements to the letter.
- Everything must be in perfect working order for the EPLC's mission to LV-426
Time: 16:51 GST
Identification: Mrs. Sarah Murphy
- I used to believe in this company.
- Ever since I signed up so my husband Alex could get his life-saving cybernetic blending I've steadily been losing faith.
- The science they do here is cutting edge, but everything is so corporate now.
- Half the time we have to completely change our system specs to comply with some stupid new rule.
- Even when we're allowed to get on with out work, half the engineers on the project don't even know how to program a simple ED-209 interface!
- Of course, no one will recognize my contribution to the D-3 Droid's 'home incidents' reduction.
- A problem that could have cost the company billions!
Time: 16:51 GST
Identification: Mr. Kernel Ifrit
- Business is up by over %15 this year, but those egg-heads at Smith Agencies are killing us.
- Their stupid floating 'squiddy' hunter-killer machines are taking all the contracts from investors.
- So in the interests of kicking them out of the game, I've come up with a new prototype that will rival their best machine as well as put our E-1000 to shame.
- A gigantic killing machine fused with the brain of a human.
- Yes, yes...with neural networking, my 'Dreadnought' might be possible!
- I shall pitch this at the next board meeting.
Time: 15:28 GST
Identification: Mr. Parker
Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Financials are up this year, but I insist; as long as we don't yet have a Jacuzzi in the boardroom, we're not doing well enough!
- The CEO insists that we grow the company steadily, and that he's not willing to consider any higher risk ventures.
- I will speak to the other executives and see what they say.
- Maybe we can squeeze some extra $$$ out of our contracts.
- I want a Jacuzzi, god damnit!
Time: 14:10 GST
Identification: Mr. White
Title: Chief Executive Officer
- The new model of the Falcon is finally ready.
- I've asked the engineers to present it early tomorrow.
- They took far too long in getting it ready, and I'm not impressed.
- What people at this company need to understand is that I'm not in the weapons business, I'm in the empire business.
- And as long as they dally about, I'm going to have to keep using half-measures.
Time: 03:32 GST
Identification: Comm. Alex Connor
Title: The 'Terminator'
- Primary Objective:
- Eliminate any rogue automated units and make your way to the AI core.
- Secondary Objective:
- Blow shit up with ol' 8-Ball!
- An OmniCorp facility has experienced a 'singularity' event.
- You are to proceed inside and disable any malfunctioning units.
- Secure the area, access the central AI core, upload any crash-report data still intact, then enter the shutdown codes.
- Exfiltrate via the emergency maintenance and waste tunnels.
Spartan Phoenix gunsEdit
Revolutionary Robotics contains 7 broken turret guns called "Spartan Phoenix" guns that are mounted on ceilings. They must be removed, replaced with new guns from the vendor, and loaded with ammo (also from the vendor) before punching out of the level.
Spartan Phoenix guns are activated by blue security fields in the main doorways and corridors. The player may pass through these fields unharmed, and will only hear an audible beep. However, if the player carries or throws certain objects through the field, they will trigger an alarm and activate any operational Spartan guns in visual range, which will fire at the object.
Several objects will trigger Spartan guns, including (but not limited to) bins, buckets, certain cardboard boxes, the J-HARM, and the Laser Welder. Throwing the Laser Wielder though a blue security field will not trigger a Spartan gun, but walking through a blue field while holding it will trigger nearby guns. Throwing bins, buckets, or cardboard boxes through a security field will always trigger nearby guns.
When a Spartan Phoenix gun fires, it creates spent shell casings and bullet holes that must be cleaned up. Firing at the player will create blood splatters, and body parts if the player is killed. Spartan guns will continue to fire until the object (or the player) is destroyed or out of range. For this reason, replacing and loading the guns should be the very last task to complete, so the player will not have to continually dodge hazards while trying to clean the level.
Ammo Loading GuideEdit
This article or section contains a guide, tutorial, or walkthrough for Viscera Cleanup Detail or one of its expansions. The following content may be based solely on the opinion of the author(s). It may or may not be helpful, accurate, or complete.
- This guide was graciously posted by n00bdragon in a Steam Discussion. It has been copied here verbatim.
It's important to do the turrets in something of an order. This works best if you get all the turret installation supplies to their turret locations before starting. So lay out one gun and one ammo pack underneath each mounting point and have the rest of the level 100% clean. Here's what I did:
- The turret in the spawn room. Use the J-Harm to get up to the turret, install everything, then close it up, pick up the J-Harm, and back towards the sensor. With your back right up against the sensor wait until the turret has turned 180 degrees away from you and then back up as fast as you can. Make sure to dodge around the corner next to the water dispenser. The gun will alert, but if you are fast enough it will never get to fire a shot. Once the alert goes away you can continue about your business.
- The gun outside the security room. Just install with the J-Harm and then walk away. There's not much danger from this one.
- Turret in the double stairs room: Again, use the J-Harm. No risk.
- Turret at the punch out station. Ditto.
- Here's where it gets tricky. I don't know how to keep this gun from shooting but you can minimize the damage and cleanup. First things first make sure the laser welder is in that big room already for when you need to clean up. Next, use the J-Harm to install the turret. Now, carefully pick the J-Harm and back down the stairs until your back is at the sensor. Wait for the turret to face 180 degrees away and then back up through the sensor, using the J-Harm to shield you as you dodge around the corner into the bathroom. Wait for the alert to end before setting down the J-Harm, returning to the top of the stairs, and cleaning up any bullet holes/bullet casings (should be only 2 or 3 if you were fast).
- Hallway turret, just use the J-Harm to install. Be careful as you leave this spot to stay against the wall of the hallway to the lobby as you will alert that turret on the way out. However, if you are careful you will not be visible and escape any harm/mess. Be quick though, just in case.
- Now you have the J-Harm in the lobby and can install the last turret. Once done, leave the J-Harm there as you cannot safely remove it from the room, go to the punch out station and finish.
Bob's note can be found on top of a box in the corner of the barrel stacking area (in the room with the Incinerator). It is dated 07/02/2184.
Bob 07/02/2184I'm getting close to the docking station. I can't risk taking the station tram system, they'll find me straight away!
Junior Executive Janitor
I think I'm in some sort of robotics factory, there are display models everywhere.
With luck I can find a transport bound for an outer colony. I'll kill whoever I have to to get out.
They must never find me!
- Pill-case containing red and blue pills, located inside the toilet in the last toilet stall on the right in the bathroom.
Movie & TV ReferencesEdit
Revolutionary Robotics contains multiple references to popular movies and television shows. Some of the more prominent references are listed below.
In the conference room, there is a PID belonging to Mr. White, along with an electronic document mentioning "the empire business". This is a reference to the TV series Breaking Bad.
References to the movie Demolition Man include bathrooms containing three seashells instead of toilet paper and a deceased employee named "John Spartan" in one of the bathroom stalls.
Revolutionary Robotics references the movie franchise RoboCop in many places, including a robot bearing a strong resemblance to the ED-209, a body draped over a model city, a note mentioning building a robot with a human brain, and an employee named "Mr. Kinney".
The E-100 Eliminator robot bears a strong resemblance to The Terminator from the Terminator movie franchise. An advertising poster in the hallway contains the text "Skyweb Technologies".
The hidden collectible in Revolutionary Robotics is a small case with two pills, one red and one blue. It can be found in the last toilet stall on the right-hand side of the bathroom. This is a reference to the movie The Matrix, where the blue and red pills represent the protagonist's choice of either embracing the pain of reality, or continuing to live in the bliss of illusion.
Tips and TriviaEdit
- The code for the surveillance room door is 2145.
- Revolutionary Robotics features several cameras, all of which broadcast on screens in the surveillance room. The player may use these cameras by pressing the primary trigger (left-click by default) with the hands selected on the desired screen. The screen will then show that camera's point of view, and the player can move the camera in a limited range. Use the secondary trigger (right-click by default) to exit.
- Revolutionary Robotics introduced several cardboard boxes of varying sizes to the game. Each counts as a standard crate, and can be stacked to gain extra points.
- Revolutionary Robotics is one of the only levels to contain more than one Laser Welder by default, with three in total scattered throughout the level.
- Although Revolutionary Robotics appears to take place on a planet, it is revealed through several notes that this is not the case. It is instead located on a large space station.
- Revolutionary Robotics contains several robots, including "Domestabots". Domestabots appear as short, slim humanoid androids, similar in appearance to crash-test dummies. Domestabots can be found standing upright on pedestals or on the ground in several pieces. All of them must be removed from the level in order to obtain a perfect score.
- There is a bullet hole in the base of the table holding the model city in the conference room that can be very difficult to see.
- Failure to replace ammo in Spartan Phoenix guns produces a potentially confusing news article in the Office about Domestabots.
- Spartan Phoenix ammo can be used as a weapon in multiplayer mode, by destroying it with the Laser Welder. The v1.092 update changed its explosive radius from random to directional, so it can be aimed.