- "Waste No Profit" –Blackwash & Co.
Waste Disposal is a level in Viscera Cleanup Detail.
Level Briefings Edit
|Tragic events within the facility's waste disposal section have lead to an unusually unhygienic situation.|
It is required of you to clean whatever filth will come off the walls, but keep in mind that an inspector will be arriving shortly and will expect proper sanitation protocol to be followed.
If you should fail to present a job well done, you may just find yourself in a worse mess than before, in more ways than one.
|Whether or not you believe the rumours, we're sending you in to replace a colleague who is presently indisposed.|
Complete your work assignment with haste, or face dismissal.
If you should face similar...obstacles as your former colleague, then we advise you to ignore them and press on!
The map consists of a wide central corridor partly filled with dirty water. The area first branches into a tunnel which leads to a small L-shaped room. The second area, accessed by a short flight of stairs, is a flat space with two curved, cramped tunnels branching off either side. The poor lighting and dirty textures make cleaning particularly difficult.
|Original Map Source|
- Slosh-O-Matic bucket dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins dispenser
- Laser Welder
- Stack Crates in the designated area.
- Stack Barrels in the designated area.
- Find all 9 Personal Identification Devices, place them in the Punchomatic, and fill out reports.
Incident Reports Edit
Incident Particulars: Aliens, Guns, Mutations, Military
Number of Dead Aliens: 11
Number of Shell Casings: 74
Number of Bullet Holes: 37
The number of items incinerated can be found in the code of the player's save file. The player should save his/her game, navigate to his/her save file, open it in Notepad (or TextEdit for iOS), then press CRTL+F and search for NumIncinerated. The proceeding number is how many items have been incinerated during the player's game.
Locations of cadavers and their causes of death:
- Next to incinerator: Thrown, Decapitated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved, Impact
- Corner of room, opposite incinerator: Eviscerated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved
- On metal platform above crate-stacking area: Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved
- In side tunnel next to Punchomatic: Eviscerated, Slain, Halved
- In side tunnel opposite Punchomatic, closer to entrance: Eviscerated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved
- In side tunnel opposite Punchomatic, at end of tunnel: Eviscerated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved
- Upstairs, next to barrel-stacking area: Dragged, Eviscerated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved
- Upstairs, hallway to right of barrel-stacking area, PID on left: Eviscerated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved
- Upstairs, hallway to right of barrel-stacking area, PID on right: Eviscerated, Decapitated, Dismembered, Slain, Halved
A full guide for all maps can be found here.
Time: 17:11 GST
Identification: Gonorio Aldea
Title: Waste Worker
- I don't like it down here, is dark, cold and the smell, ay, hijo de puta, the smell!
- Again the pipes are broken, and I have to fix them, me always.
- Is not like I'm the only one who can do this, but I'm the only one who works.
- Something is in here, I'm sure, I've seen eyes, heard the scratching.
- Ay no, the eyes, siempre los ojos malevolentes!
Time: 03:55 GST
Identification: Lt. Rodney Steel
Title: Danger Man
- Primary Objective:
- Find your way through the Waste Sector.
- Secondary Objective:
- Endanger the neighborhood!
- The Waste Sector is the only way through to the Labs.
- Reports indicate that the alien lifeforms have been nesting in this entire sector. Exercise extreme caution!
- Reach the outflow pumping station and access the Labs.
Bob's note can be found behind a stack of crates and barrels in the side corridor. It is dated 04/02/2184.
Junior Executive Janitor
I've finally reached the Waste Disposal Sector in hopes of seeking safety.
The things I've seen while fleeing, truly horrible!
I've done only what I had to do, people won't understand! I only hope they can forgive my actions.
I plan to make for the docking area and hopefully stowaway on the next ship off the station.
They must never find me!
Tips and TriviaEdit
- The words "We're Fucked" are written on the wall in the corridor beyond one of the pipes.
- The water in the main chamber is saturated with filth. Stepping into the water will cause the player to tread footprints, and hitting the water with the mop will fully saturate the mop. Placing a bucket, full or empty into the water will not affect it in any way.
- The Vendor in Waste Disposal dispenses first-aid supplies. However, there were no first-aid stations located anywhere within the level until version 0.7, even though the vendor had been added prior to that.
- There are four lanterns supplied in the level, and the vendor also dispenses lanterns. One of the existing lanterns is hidden behind the What A Load Disposal Bin unit, while another is hidden behind several crates in the first room branching off of the central chamber. The other lanterns are easily spotted.