- "Waste No Profit" –Blackwash & Co.
Waste Disposal is a level in Viscera Cleanup Detail.
Level Briefings Edit
|Tragic events within the facility's waste disposal section have lead to an unusually unhygienic situation.|
It is required of you to clean whatever filth will come off the walls, but keep in mind that an inspector will be arriving shortly and will expect proper sanitation protocol to be followed.
If you should fail to present a job well done, you may just find yourself in a worse mess than before, in more ways than one.
|Whether or not you believe the rumours, we're sending you in to replace a colleague who is presently indisposed.|
Complete your work assignment with haste, or face dismissal.
If you should face similar...obstacles as your former colleague, then we advise you to ignore them and press on!
The map consists of a wide central corridor partly filled with dirty water. The area first branches into a tunnel which leads to a small L-shaped room. The second area, accessed by a short flight of stairs, is a flat space with two curved, cramped tunnels branching off either side. The poor lighting and dirty textures make cleaning particularly difficult.
|Original Map Source|
- Slosh-O-Matic bucket dispenser
- What A Load Disposal Bins dispenser
- Laser Welder
- Stack Crates in the designated area.
- Stack Barrels in the designated area.
- Find all 9 Personal Identification Devices, place them in the Punchomatic, and fill out reports.
Bob's Note Edit
Bob's note can be found behind a stack of crates and barrels in the side corridor. It is dated 04/02/2184.
Junior Executive Janitor
I've finally reached the Waste Disposal Sector in hopes of seeking safety.
The things I've seen while fleeing, truly horrible!
I've done only what I had to do, people won't understand! I only hope they can forgive my actions.
I plan to make for the docking area and hopefully stowaway on the next ship off the station.
They must never find me!
Tips and TriviaEdit
- The words "We're Fucked" are written on the wall in the corridor beyond one of the pipes.
- The water in the main chamber is saturated with filth. Stepping into the water will cause the player to tread footprints, and hitting the water with the mop will fully saturate the mop. Placing a bucket, full or empty into the water will not affect it in any way.
- The Vendor in Waste Disposal dispenses first-aid supplies. However, there were no first-aid stations located anywhere within the level until version 0.7, even though the vendor had been added prior to that.
- There are four lanterns supplied in the level, and the vendor also dispenses lanterns. One of the existing lanterns is hidden behind the What A Load Disposal Bin unit, while another is hidden behind several crates in the first room branching off of the central chamber. The other lanterns are easily spotted.